NuGen Systems Wins Gwinnett’s Amazing Entrepreneur Contest
(GWINNETT – METRO ATLANTA) October 18, 2016 – Partnership Gwinnett joined The University of Georgia Small Business Development Center (SBDC) to announce the winner of the sixth annual Amazing Entrepreneur competition – NuGen Systems. NuGen Systems designs, develops, and supplies high power, Li-ion batteries, as well as Li-ion chargers and battery control systems, for indoor mobile material handling vehicles.
Designed to encourage startups to better plan their enterprises and to engage with regional support services, the Amazing Entrepreneur competition requires contestants to submit a business plan summary for judging, with finalists earning the opportunity to present before a panel of judges.
The Established Business finalists for 2016 were:
- BioReactor Sciences – a company specializing in bioreactors for the production of biologics, vaccines, and cells for cell therapy.
- Chloe Clark Photography – on-location photography, food styling and prop styling assistance.
- Daddy O’Brien’s Irish Ice Cream Pub – a company who produces, distributes, and directly sells gourmet ice cream and dessert products.
- KleanCollar, Inc. – an apparel and accessories company that invented the “KleanCollar” signature product.
- NuGen Systems – designs and supplies high power, li-ion batteries.
“The Amazing Entrepreneur contest is such a valuable way for small business owners and entrepreneurs to develop successful business strategies, while tapping into essential resources available to them”, said Mark Butler, Area Director at The University of Georgia SBDC. “We are excited to be partners of this award and we wish the winners continued success as they grow in our community.”
NuGen Systems received a prize package that includes $5,000 cash, a consultation with an attorney from Arnall Golden Gregory ($3,000 value), a startup consultation from Sterling Rose Consulting Corporation (up to $1,500 value), a one-year Platinum Level Membership to Cornerstone Coworking ($2,748 value), scholarship to attend the Small Business Development Center’s Grow Smart program ($985 value), and a one-year Gwinnett Chamber of Commerce membership ($500 value minimum).
The Amazing Entrepreneur competition also gave businesses not yet in operation the opportunity to win prizes through the contest’s Pre-Venture category. Brainstorm Escape Games was announced as the winner for 2016.
Brainstorm Escape Games is an interactive, real-life adventure game in which a group of people enter a themed room and use elements within to find clues, solve puzzles, and escape the room in a 60 minute time period.
The Pre-Venture finalists for 2016 were:
- BleuPRINT – a cooperative studio for wedding and event industry creatives, as well as serve as an event concierge.
- Bonfire Candle Studio – a store-front venture providing interactive experiences in creating custom scented candles, home, bath, and body products.
- Brainstorm Escape Games – an interactive real-life room escape game.
- VenueMooch – an online platform that allows private property to be rented for event space.
- WeTipple – a paid subscription-based community where members can enjoy one free alcoholic drink, per day, from a bar/restaurant within a network of partners.
“The Amazing Entrepreneur competition has given us the opportunity to provide support and assistance to facilitate successful startups and small businesses here in Gwinnett County,” said Mark Farmer, Director of Entrepreneurship for Partnership Gwinnett. “It has also once again allowed us to highlight and celebrate some inventive business ideas, while also emphasizing the importance of planning and developing top-notch business plans.”
The 2016 competition is presented by Jackson Electric Membership Corporation and LAN Systems.
For more information on the Amazing Entrepreneur Contest, please visit www.amazingentrepreneurcontest.com. To receive updates and reminders on the Gwinnett Economic Development’s small business and entrepreneurial efforts, click here.
For more information or to learn how to get involved in the local economic development efforts, please visit www.gwinnetteconomicdevelopment.com.
About Partnership Gwinnett
Partnership Gwinnett is a public-private initiative dedicated to bringing new jobs and capital investment to Gwinnett County, Georgia. Since 2006, Partnership Gwinnett has worked with its local partners to attract and retain jobs, cultivate capital investment, support educational institutions, foster workforce development, and contribute to the exceptional quality of life found in Gwinnett. Fueled by the support of over one hundred companies, municipalities, Gwinnett County, K-12 and higher education systems, the mission of Partnership Gwinnett is to strengthen the community’s diverse economy to compete in the global marketplace and position Gwinnett as the premiere place to live, work and play.
Haley Tolbert | email@example.com | 770.232.1174