FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
10th ANNUAL MOVERS & MAKERS AWARD WINNERS ANNOUNCED
(GWINNETT-METRO ATLANTA) March 25, 2021 – Partnership Gwinnett, in collaboration with Gwinnett Technical College, announced the winners of the 10th annual Movers & Makers Awards presented by NAI Brannen Goddard today during a ceremony at Infinite Energy Forum. The event also featured a keynote address from Waffle House, Inc. President and CEO, Walter G. Ehmer.
“I am so proud of the Movers & Makers winners and nominees at this year’s award ceremony, especially given the challenges of the past year,” said Gwinnett Board of Commissioners Chairwoman Nicole Love Hendrickson. “Manufacturing and supply chain play a pivotal role in Gwinnett County’s strong and vital economy, so it’s great to see a celebration of our community partners’ successes.”
Over 200-community leaders and industry experts attended the 2021 Movers & Makers Awards both in-person and virtually to celebrate excellence within their field. It is the largest event of its kind in Georgia and the County’s annual recognition of Gwinnett-based companies involved in manufacturing, processing, or distribution.
“Gwinnett Tech is committed to ensuring our manufacturing and logistics companies have the qualified and sustainable workforce they need to be successful,” said Dr. D. Glen Cannon, President of Gwinnett Technical College, “Our students are the best of the best, and our faculty are job skill focused. We are pleased to be a team member with Partnership Gwinnett in recognizing the great companies that call Gwinnett home, and we will continue to work diligently to ensure they always feel there is no better place for their business to thrive and grow.”
The 2021 winners included:
- Manufacturer of the Year: This award recognized top manufacturers based on their size within Gwinnett County.
- Small (1-99 employees): Porter Steel, Inc.
- Medium (100-199 employees): GF Health Products Inc
- Large (200+ employees): WIKA USA
- Supply Chain Pioneer of the Year: This award recognized top suppliers based on their size within Gwinnett County.
- Small (1-49 employees): The Cutting Board Company, LLC
- Large (50+ employees): Peachtree Packaging & Display
- Corporate Citizen Award: The award recognized suppliers who go above and beyond to make their company and their community a great place to be.
- Doosan Industrial Vehicle America Corporation
- MVP, Most Valuable Provider: This award recognized providers who are the communities go-to for the manufacturing and supply chain industries.
- Farmers & Fishermen Purveyors
“I am honored to stand alongside these brilliant manufacturing and supply chain companies as the project manager for the manufacturing and supply chain industries,” said Jassy Ji, Project Manager at Partnership Gwinnett. “The Movers & Makers Awards celebrate innovation within the industry which pushes these amazing companies to stay ahead of the curve in this technology-driven global market.”
For more information, or to learn how to get involved in local economic development efforts, please visit www.partnershipgwinnett.com.
About Partnership Gwinnett
Partnership Gwinnett is a public-private initiative dedicated to bringing new jobs and capital investment to Gwinnett County, Georgia. Since 2006, Partnership Gwinnett has worked with its local partners to attract and retain jobs, cultivate capital investment, support educational institutions, foster workforce development, and contribute to the exceptional quality of life found in Gwinnett. Fueled by the support of over one hundred companies, municipalities, Gwinnett County, K-12 and higher education systems, the mission of Partnership Gwinnett is to strengthen the community’s diverse economy to compete in the global marketplace and position Gwinnett as the premiere place to live, work and play.
Jaclyn Allison, Partnership Gwinnett, Director of Marketing, Communications & Events
email@example.com | 770-232-8814