Partnership Gwinnett works to attract and retain jobs, cultivate capital investment, support educational institutions, foster workforce development, and contribute to the exceptional quality of life found in Gwinnett County.
About this role:
In this role you will plan, organize, monitor, manage and evaluate economic development project activities in all target industry sectors as outlined in the Partnership Gwinnett Community and Economic Development strategy. You will work with both on both recruitment and retention efforts in the community – bringing necessary partners together to mitigate any roadblock and ensure Gwinnett remains a business-friendly location to operate. You will assist in planning and implementing a variety of programs/events to increase community engagement. You will work with an amazing and supportive team of professionals. Sound interesting? Keep reading!
- Assist in managing economic development projects and activities – coordinate with partners; monitor progress and communicate between and among all parties and partners
- Assist in the outreach and planning of visits with existing companies to develop and build relationships and provide necessary economic development support
- Coordinate and work with community partners to support the implementation of goals
- Assist in developing and implementing industry specific programs; create agenda; secure speakers; secure sponsorships and assist team with marketing and outreach of event
- Develop and build relationships with economic development partners including real estate professionals, local, state and regional economic developers, and utility partners
- Perform related duties as assigned
- Work efficiently and collaboratively with an amazing group – we’re a team and sometimes it’s “all hands-on deck” to get the job done!
- Be a good person – culture is very important to us!
- We are in the people business – it is imperative that you can develop and maintain relationships!
- Concierge-level service – we go the extra mile in all things we do!
- Communication – In-person, by email, by letter, on the phone, verbally and non-verbally—you will need to be responsive and have superior communication skills to be successful in this role.
- Professionalism – we hold ourselves to a higher standard!
- Juggling – you must be able to multitask – we don’t let the ball drop!
- Enthusiasm – this is a very fast-paced place to work. You must be high energy when appropriate.
- Fun – let’s be honest…we get to do some pretty cool things…let’s have fun while doing it!
Bachelor’s Degree with major course work in economics, marketing, business administration, community development, communications or related field required. Knowledge of the Gwinnett County is a plus. This is an entry-level position.
Partnership Gwinnett is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a participant in E-Verify. All employment is contingent on the successful completion of a drug screen and background check.
Qualified candidates interested in this opportunity should complete the form at right and attach a cover letter and resumé.