Position Title: Director of Marketing, Communication & Events
Reports to: VP of Economic Development
Direct Reports: (2)
Employment Status: Full-Time
Required Experience: 5+ Years
Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Travel Required: Occasional
Salary: Based on qualifications
Economic development in Gwinnett County is an exciting and constantly evolving process. Every day, our team works to drive the mission of Partnership Gwinnett to strengthen the economic vitality of the community.
Partnership Gwinnett is a public-private initiative and we work with local partners to attract and retain jobs, cultivate capital investment, support educational institutions, foster workforce development, and contribute to the exceptional quality of life found in Gwinnett.
We are seeking a teammate who will lead strategy and execution aimed at reaching and engaging Partnership Gwinnett’s audiences through impactful marketing, communications, and program development. This leader will manage the Marketing and Events department and make strategic decisions to advance the mission of Partnership Gwinnett and market Gwinnett County as the ideal location to do business.
Experience in economic development is not required for this position – we are looking for an outstanding individual who is talented and passionate about making the Gwinnett community great.
The ideal leader will:
- Develop and implement a strategic external and internal communications plan in support of Partnership Gwinnett’s overall goals
- Coordinate, contribute and collaborate with the Gwinnett Chamber’s Branding & Communications department on overall brand strategy, including messaging, visual identity and marketing campaigns for Partnership Gwinnett, and special projects on an as-needed basis
- Lead and implement Partnership Gwinnett events and meetings, including those related to target industries, community and leadership development, global initiatives, entrepreneurship, and redevelopment
- Lead the development of long-term and short-term goals, structure and design, planning, logistics, and evaluation of all events and meetings
- Create and produce effective advertising, marketing, and publicity for all events and meetings
- Solicit potential sponsors and partners for events and events
- Identify needs and opportunities to support existing department goals and lead the development of new events as appropriate
- Cultivate relationships with key partners, investors, community leaders, editors, media contacts, event venues, and vendors
- Research and implement best practices in the fields of marketing, public relations, and event and meeting management
- Oversee coordination of committee meetings, taskforces and council meetings
- Produce and manage budget projections for all events, meetings and marketing initiatives
- Develop and oversee maintenance of web content for all Partnership Gwinnett sites, as well as track engagement and analytics
- Oversee social media presence for all Partnership Gwinnett accounts
- Develop copy for various executive communication, including press releases, advertisements, scripts, newsletters, collateral, presentations etc.
- Coordinate and act as the liaison for PR-related events, including grand openings, ribbon cuttings, open houses, and ground breakings
- Oversee Partnership Gwinnett’s efforts in encouraging development and redevelopment of key corridors, activity centers, and public spaces
- Encourage the continued development of arts, cultural, and entertainment amenities, and other positive placemaking efforts
- Effectively engage the business community in support of community development objectives
- Develop strong working knowledge of Gwinnett and metro Atlanta business environment
- Identify and drive award opportunities
- Other assignments as designated and required
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher & Outlook
- Excellent written, grammatical, and oral communication skills
- Experience with print advertising, SEO and social media channels
- Proficiency of Google analytics and WordPress
- Ability to adapt to constantly changing priorities and a fast-paced work environment
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and a team player
- Proven ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously
- Knowledge of existing methods of the economic development process (preferred but not required)
The Gwinnett Chamber of Commerce is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a participant in E-Verify. All employment is contingent on the successful completion of a drug screen and background check.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.