Meet the PG Team: Deven Cason
The mission of Partnership Gwinnett is to recruit, retain and expand businesses in Gwinnett that create jobs and capital investment in the community. We’re not able to accomplish this without a dedicated team of diligent & savvy professionals! We asked each team member eight questions that we hope will help you get to know them a little bit better.
Up first is Deven Cason, our senior project manager for the Manufacturing and Supply Chain industry. She has played a pivotal role in growing and expanding manufacturing and supply chain companies in Gwinnett for two years- here’s what she had to say:
1. Describe your role at Partnership Gwinnett? I work with new and existing companies in the manufacturing and supply chain industry to ensure they have the tools and resources to be successful, grow and create jobs for Gwinnett residents.
2. Tell us a little bit more about your background.
I was born in Minnesota, then moved to Georgia at the age of 11. I attended the University of Georgia where I met my husband of nine years. When I’m not working, I enjoy spending time with my husband, Cory, and children: CJ, 7, and Elliana, 3. We enjoy being outdoors, playing board games and laughing with each other. Before joining Partnership Gwinnett, I worked as an Account Manager at True Staffing in Gwinnett County for almost 4 years.
3. What’s your favorite part about working at Partnership Gwinnett? My favorite part about working at PG is getting a behind-the-scenes look at how products we use are made or moved to consumers.
4. Who or what inspires you to do what you do at Partnership Gwinnett? Knowing that the jobs created are a result of the work we do and seeing those jobs filled by people who are bettering their lives because of that role.
5. What new initiatives are you planning for in 2019? Programs for industrial companies to network, share ideas and learn from one another.
6. Tell us your favorite Gwinnett restaurant. Mojitos in downtown Norcross.
7. What’s your favorite activity in Gwinnett? Trying new restaurants
8. What’s something most people don’t know about you?
I eat ice cream most days of the week. My favorite ice cream is Ben & Jerry’s Imagine Whirled Peace (caramel & sweet cream ice cream swirled with fudge peace signs and toffee cookie pieces). Unfortunately, it was discontinued in 2013. I’m still searching for a comparable replacement.