Delta Air Lines President, Ed Bastian, announced as Keynote of Awards Ceremony
(GWINNETT- METRO ATLANTA) October 25, 2012— In conjunction with Gwinnett Technical College, Partnership Gwinnett kicked off its second annual Movers & Makers Awards with a launch party event—which also offered a platform for the announcement of Delta Air Lines President, Ed Bastian, as the Keynote Speaker for the March 2013 Awards Ceremony. Previous winners and judges helped explain the awards application process to industry professionals, economic developers and metro Atlanta business leaders who attended the event.
“As a leading global carrier, Delta understands the vital importance of logistics to commerce and economic growth,” said Delta President Ed Bastian. “I am honored by this opportunity to lend my support to the Movers & Markers Awards and to the companies that are excelling in these essential industries.”
The largest event of its kind in Georgia, the Movers & Makers Awards are Gwinnett County’s annual recognition of exceptional Gwinnett-based companies that have been in business for a minimum of three years and are involved in the manufacturing or distribution of tangible products. Last year’s winners included FarraTech, Spectral Response, WIKA Instrument Corporation, Mitsubishi Electric Cooling & Heating, Rooms To Go and Hire Dynamics.
The 2013 Award categories include:
- Two “Movers” Awards honoring Supply Chain companies: Supply Chain Pioneer and Green Supply Chain;
- Three “Makers” Awards honoring Manufacturers of the Year (Small, Medium, Large); and
- One Most Valuable Provider, honoring excellent service provision.
“The companies honored with these awards demonstrate vision, innovation and a desire to grow their businesses,” stated Gwinnett County Commission Chairman Charlotte Nash. “The Movers & Makers Awards recognize this commitment and the contribution it has to the overall economic vitality of the Gwinnett community.”
Judging the 2013 Awards include:
- Michael Gerster, President, WIKA Instrument Corporation;
- Donovan True, Southeast Market Leader, Office Depot; and
- Bill Ritsch, North Metro Region Manager, Georgia Manufacturing Extension Partnership.
Donovan True, Southeastern Market Leader for Office Depot commented, “As judge for the prestigious Movers & Makers Awards, I am pleased to evaluate each company on their impact in the community and discover the initiatives they have set in place to overcome the numerous challenges facing businesses today.”
Applications will be assessed based the following criteria:
- Economic impact in the community relative to the company’s peers, ability to overcome challenges, and the number of years the company has been located in Gwinnett County;
- Corporate responsibility through sponsored community involvement and civic efforts, educational partnerships and environmental and safety initiatives;
- Workforce excellence through company sponsored programs, enabling employees to balance work and family-life issues, support for employee education and employee recognition programs; and
- For the two Supply Chain Awards, nominees are considered based on their performance in either supply chain innovation or supply chain sustainability.
“Partnership Gwinnett continually strives to cultivate the hundreds of manufacturing and supply chain companies that call Gwinnett home,” stated Troels Adrian, Project Manager for Advanced Manufacturing and Supply Chain Management, Gwinnett Chamber Economic Development and Partnership Gwinnett. “We designed The Movers & Makers Awards as a method to call out cutting-edge innovation and best practices within these industries, while honoring companies that contribute to the economic growth of the metro Atlanta area.”
The 2013 Awards also feature an online application process, available at moversandmakersawards.com, offering companies easier access in meeting the January 18, 2013 submission deadline. Recipients will be announced during the Awards Ceremony, held on March 28, 2013 at the Buford Community Center. All questions regarding the application process or Awards Ceremony can be directed to Troels Adrian at Troels@gwinnettchamber.org.