Reports to: Director of Economic Development
Employment Status: Full-Time
Required Experience: 3+ years
Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Travel Required: Yes – 10% overnight
Salary: Based on qualifications
Partnership Gwinnett’s Project Manager will guide strategy and execution aimed at reaching and engaging Technology and Life Science companies throughout Gwinnett County. This leader is responsible for planning, organizing, monitoring, managing, and evaluating economic development project activities within their target sectors.
This leader develops and leads projects and programs focused on the attraction, retention, and expansion of companies to and within the Gwinnett County market to ensure achievement of established goals, initiatives, and objectives consistent with Partnership Gwinnett’s Community and Economic Development strategy.
This leader works closely and collaboratively with statewide and regional economic development partners, the business and development community, utility partners, real estate professionals, Partnership Gwinnett staff and chamber representatives to develop strategic alliances with potential and existing employers within targeted industry clusters.
- Responds to proposals and inquiries from companies, consultants, real estate brokers and regional partners.
- Coordinate and participate in companies’ visits looking to grow and expand in Gwinnett.
- Assists new companies by providing support and serving as a liaison between the company and various local and state agencies.
- Visits with existing companies to develop and build relationships and provide necessary economic development support.
- Develops and maintains relationships with local and state economic development allies, elected officials, consultants, real estate brokers and other site location professionals.
- Maintains current inventory of available commercial office/flex buildings and sites.
- Develops and maintains appropriate databases to support economic development activities as needed.
- Works with the Partnership Gwinnett team on retention and workforce development strategies to assist existing industries.
- Develops and implements industry specific programs by: creating agendas, securing speakers, securing sponsorships and assisting team with marketing and outreach for events.
- Maintain relationship with Gwinnett Angel Investors.
- Maintain Gwinnett’s Entrepreneurship council
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Project management
- Technical capacity
- Communication proficiency (oral and written)
- Time management skills
- Problem solving abilities
- Business-to-business experience and acumen
- Organizational skills
- Collaboration skills
Bachelors Degree with major course work in economics, marketing, business administration, community development, communications or related field required with considerable experience in an economic development position.
This position is moderately physical, but may require long periods of sitting, standing and/or walking.
Local candidates only. No relocation available.
Qualified applicants should submit their resume and salary requirements to email@example.com. No phone calls, please. Due to the high level of interest, not all applicants will be contacted.
Partnership Gwinnett is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Drug Free Workplace and an E-Verify participant. All employment is contingent on the successful complete of a drug screen and background check.