Quality of Place
In addition, new facilities include four community centers, four aquatic centers, two tennis centers, a roller hockey rink, two skate bowls, a playground for children with special needs and several ball fields and dog parks. Gwinnett County Parks & Recreation is committed to serving every resident by offering more than 5,000 classes, summer camps and special events.
Some highlights of Gwinnett County parks include:
- The Chattahoochee River National Recreation Area includes five park units in Gwinnett County: Bowmans Island, Settles Bridge, Suwanee Creek, Abbotts Bridge and Medlock Bridge. Visitors can canoe, kayak and raft on Class I and II waterways, hike, and explore a wide variety of natural habitats and 19th century historic sites.
- The world’s largest manmade lake beckons Gwinnett County residents to Lake Lanier Islands Resort’s more than 400 wooded campsites for boating, fishing, hiking, biking, horseback riding, and Beach and Water Park (open from Memorial to Labor Day).
- At Stone Mountain Park, families can experience more than 3,200 acres of entertainment and recreation, including the 1870s Southern town, Crossroads, Georgia’s only 4D theater, The Great Barn, and the Treehouse Challenge. Plus, enjoy the Lasershow Spectacular, the Paddlewheel Riverboat, the Skylift to the top of the world’s largest piece of exposed granite, the Scenic Railroad, the Antebellum Plantation and Farmyard, the Discovering Stone Mountain Museum, mini-golf, water slide complex, unique shopping and great dining.
For information about all of Gwinnett’s park and recreational facilities, visit Gwinnett County Parks & Recreation at http://www.gwinnettparks.com/.
Located in the heart of Gwinnett, Northside Hospital Gwinnett is accessible from areas across north metro Atlanta via I-85 and GA-316. Northside Hospital Gwinnett offers nationally recognized and renowned services, including the Strickland Heart Center’s cardiovascular specialties, neurosurgery, genetic testing and more.
Piedmont Eastside Medical Center, in Snellville, is a combined effort between one of the world’s leading medical research universities and healthcare providers (Emory), the nation’s largest hospital corporation (HCA) and Gwinnett’s second-largest hospital system, Piedmont Eastside Medical Center. It has 310 inpatient beds, approximately 450 affiliated physicians, and nearly 1,200 employees. It is a full-service, acute care facility.
Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta is the only hospital system in Georgia solely dedicated to the delivery of pediatric healthcare. As a nationally recognized leader in adolescent healthcare, Children’s manages three hospitals and 16 satellite locations. With more than 7,000 employees and access to over 1,400 pediatric physicians, it provides individualized expert pediatric care for patients, up to age 21.
Here are some of Gwinnett and metro Atlanta’s top healthcare providers:
*Metro Atlanta: An Executive Profile
Property is taxed to millage rates assessed by different government entitites. In Gwinnett County, these normally include state, county, county bond, the detention center bond, schools, school bond, recreation and cities (where applicable). For current millage rates, visit Gwinnett County Taxes.
Property Tax Exemptions
Several property tax exemptions are available to Gwinnett homeowners. For more information and to apply for tax exemptions, contact the Gwinnett County Tax Commissioner at 770-822-8800 or visit www.gwinnetttaxcomissioner.com.
Click here to view Property Taxes for Gwinnett County.
One of the most popular sports in the country, golf gets plenty of play in Gwinnett County on courses designed by some of the most renowned course architects in the world—Gary Player, Jack Nicklaus and Greg Norman, to name a few.
Following are some of the Gwinnett area’s premier golf courses:
- Bear’s Best Atlanta, 678-390-4704
- Berkeley Hills Country Club, 770-448-8353
- Château Élan, 678-425-6050
- Collins Hill Golf Club, 770-822-5400
- Legacy on Lanier Golf Club at Lanier Islands Resort, 678-318-7861
- The Georgia Club, 770-725-8100
- Hamilton Mill Golf Club, 770-945-4653
- Northwood Country Club, 678-250-5026
- Stone Mountain Golf Club’s Stonemont & Lakemont Courses, 770-465-3278
- Sugar Hill Golf Club, 770-271-0519
- Summit Chase Country Club, 770-979-9000
- TPC at Sugarloaf, 770-418-1113
- The River Club Golf Course, 678-546-2026
Gwinnett County’s Parks & Recreation offers tennis centers and courts at several of its parks, and there are numerous private courts in various residential complexes.