Title: Research Intern
Reports to: Research Analyst
Work Schedule: 20 hours per week or dependent on student’s schedule
Job Description: This research Rockstar-in-Training will support the Partnership Gwinnett research team and economic development team. The intern will gain exposure and experience in all facets of economic development, including research, project management, workforce development, programming, and events. Interns will be working in a multitude of data systems learning the ins and outs of what it takes to be in the economic development industry.
What you will be responsible for learning:
- How to gather data on businesses and target industries in Gwinnett County, Georgia, and the
metro Atlanta region
- The importance of updating and maintaining spreadsheets/databases
- Why assisting companies in their involvement with Partnership Gwinnett through events,
existing industry visits, and awards is critical to our business community’s success
- Understanding millage rates and freeport taxes for Gwinnett County and its role in economic
- The value of international investment in Gwinnett County through the production of a program
book for an executive leadership visit
Data systems you will gain experience in:
- ESRI – Community Analyst, CoStar, Bureau of Labor Statistics, Business Wise, D&B Hoovers, U.S. Census, Constant Contact, Chmura Analytics/JobsEQ, Gwinnett GIS
- Able to effectively use Microsoft Office products, specifically Excel
- Organized, detail-oriented, and dependable
- Able to adjust and be flexible with ongoing projects
- Must be a student currently enrolled in college (Bachelor’s or Master’s)
- Preferred majors include business, economics, public administration, political science, sociology, or other related field
Interested in applying?
Please email a resume and cover letter to AnnMarie Grason at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants are encouraged to review the Partnership Gwinnett website at www.partnershipgwinnett.com. Candidates meeting requirements will be contacted directly to schedule interviews. No phone calls, please.